Saturday 9 February 2013

NOTW | 17 Magnetize Nail Polish



Another week, another NOTW post!
I really enjoy doing these posts and showing you all what nail polishes I've been using recently and which ones I wouldn't buy again..this is a buy again!

I love all the effect nail polishes.. crackle, glitter, fur, magnet etc.. the list is endless. Even Chanel do a leather effect! Over the past two years, I think effect type nails have been popular a lot more. I remember getting a crackle nail polish back in 2011 and never really used it.. so I thought this would be another novelty product I'd get for Christmas and it'd be stuck at the back of my shelf going gloopy. 

This is the first time I've tried a magnet effect nail polish and the thought of it seemed really good and worth a try. Back in December I had a voucher in my Boots magazine for half price or some sort of money off on 17 Magnetize Nail Polishes. I asked mum to pick it up and give me it for Christmas. I didn't actually mind what color I had, although I know that they do a green and blue and silver shade. My shade is green. 

I didn't quite understand how to apply it first, so it took me a few thumb attempts to get it.. it's really simple but I'm a bit silly, ha!
To apply, you apply the nail polish and while it's wet, remove the top of the nail polish (picture 1) and push the magnet onto your nail. This is the part that made me feel a bit weird because the thought of a magnet on my nail was a bit strange but after I applied it to one finger, the rest were simple and I was ok with it.

The only bit I didn't like was how some of the nail polish on the tip of my fingernail slightly stuck to the magnet and a little bit (only the slightest bit!) got taken off my nail, so I slightly filled it in with the brush. 

I also want to apologize for the state of my fingers in these pictures, I'm forever having bad skin around my nails!
Overall, I would buy magnet effect nail polishes often if I had some spare money or had some points on my card - definitely worth it and the effect was pretty impressive!

If you've tried any of these, what do you think of them?
Worth it or not?

Zofia
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...