Wednesday 18 December 2013

What Fragrances Am I Lusting For? | Scent Wishlist #1

Untitled #606
ELIE SAAB PERFUME - EAU TOILETTE SCENT
BURBERRY BODY
VERA WANG BE JEWELED
GUCCI PREMIERE
GUCCI RUSH
GUCCI GUILTY
Hello and welcome to the first of my fragrance series! As you may know, or not, I always mention how I work in the Perfume Shop and over the last few months my perfume knowledge and facts have improved to a better standard than what I started with. I must be honest, I always focused on makeup and beauty rather than perfumes - I would always be saying 'if I like it, I'll wear it' but now I smell different scents and I know other perfumes that smell similar, whether they're more pricey or not. 

I thought it'd be a good idea to tell you all about the scents I've been smelling at work and which ones I really want to purchase - maybe this will give you a better idea of ones to get yourself or maybe a small insight into what scents are what! I really hope you enjoy my first post - remember to comment below and tell me what scents you're using at the moment!

Elie Saab, Le Parfum (Eau De Toilette) | As most of you may know, Eau De Toilette is cheaper because it's not as powerful and doesn't last as long. Most scents are the same but just come in two ranges (Parfum and Toilette) and some perfumes like Jimmy Choo, Lady Million and Elie Saab come in Parfum and Toilette but these smell different because they have a few different ingredients to make the perfume last longer than the toilette.
For this Elie Saab perfume I prefer the Toilette - it's lighter and I can smell a different ingredient to the Parfum which I think is a lot citrusy. I really like this and it's one that I've never really bothered to try before but I smelled it in Glamour magazine now I love it!

Radiant, voluptuous, addictive
The top note opens on a sun-kissed, radiant orange blossom, as an ode to light.
The middle note develops into a jasmine absolute, a legendary flower in perfumery, imparting voluptuousness and elegance to the fragrance. It combines with a pure, modern patchouli heart.
The base note unfolds into a cedar woody accord adding character and a lingering trail, while the honey rose envelops the composition in a beautifully addictive note...

Elie Saab perfume comes in a gift set for £55.50 / 50ml £48.50 / 30ml £33.50 

Burberry Body EDP | I've only just started using this one too! It's very different to Elie Saab, although it's very girly and subtle. I don't like strong scents like Opium and Estee Lauder, I like musky, vanilla scents and Burberry Body is perfect for this. I love the bottle and the case, it's very simple yet something nice for your handbag. This comes in a parfum only and it's not strong at all - the only thing is it doesn't last very long even though it's an EDP.

Burberry Body is a feminine and effortlessly sensual fragrance with an eclectic combination of refined ingredients.
The scent has top notes of fresh green absinthe, illuminating elegant peach and refined freesia.
The floral bouquet of natural rose absolute and iris blends gently with subtle warm tones of sandalwood to form the heart notes.
Woody cashmeran, creamy vanilla, sensual amber and musk compose the base.

Burberry Body comes in a 35ml for £44.50 / 60ml £54.50

Be Jeweled Vera Wang EDP | I never thought I'd like this until a customer asked me to test it for them - I then realised it's a pleasant scent. It's not something on the top of my wishlist but it's a scent it'd most likely purchase if it went on an offer. I really like Vera Wang bottles, I've liked them ever since I was younger - they're as cute as Marc Jacobs! This scent is slightly strong when first sprayed but it does settle into a sweeter, lighter scent. I find it hard to define what things actually make this scent up though... 

A radiant fruity floral that shines inside and out. 

Be Jeweled comes in a 30ml for £33.50 / 50ml £44.50

Gucci Premiere EDP | I'd say this is a very grown up scent and probably one for the evenig time. I find this quite a woody, classy scent.. something that would last all night. It's very musky which I like but does contain some fruity notes. 

Being the epitome of elegance and femininity, Gucci Première is a scent that truly complements the Gucci parfums portfolio. The fragrance bursts into life as the ultimate celebration of success.

Gucci Prem comes in a 30ml for £44.50 / 50ml for £63.50

Gucci Rush | This is such a different scent, to me it smells so unproffesionally of 'Red Bull'! I find that older AND younger ladies come in and ask for this so it's definitely an all round scent. I'd say it's an 100% fruity scent and contains things like Jasmine, Peach, Freesia and Vanilla. 

A trip, a ride, a thrill, wickedly cool and temptingly addictive, Gucci Rush is an intoxicating, mysterious oriental floral. An addictive combination of California Gargenia, South African freesia and coriander seeds, Gucci Rush combines vanilla, java patchouli and bourbon vetiver to render you powerless to resist the temptation.

Gucci Rush 50ml is on sale at the moment for only £29.99

Gucci Guilty | I remember being instantly in love with this when I smelled a sample a few months back. The mens one is actually very nice too and very popular. This is definitely an oriental scent which is a little fruity. I like the bottle too, it's quite different and I think it's a good looking bottle for a dressing table! 

Indulge yourself in moments of guilty pleasure, and feel the freedom of going slightly beyond social conventions, the thrill of staying in control while you're pushing your own boundaries.
A sensual and distinct scent for a woman that likes to express how unique and sexy she is.


Gucci Guilty starts at £39.50

*All information and prices are from ThePerfumeShop. Prices may change and vary at any time so make sure you check in store or on the website at www.theperfumeshop.co.uk*

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...