Wednesday 2 January 2013

#WhatIAteWednesday


I really love Chinese.. if you do too then what better way than to add vegetables?

What You Need | Ingredients 
Half Yellow Pepper
1 Mushroom
Half Carrot, Grated
Half Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
Noodles
Rice
1 Cup peas

How To Do | Method
Heat sesame oil and olive oil in a wok. Add all vegetables when the oil becomes hot. When the vegetables are cooked - this will be when the vegetables still have crunch but are piping - add the garlic. You want a bit of oil still at the bottom of the wok so the garlic turns golden and crispy. This gets the garlic essenced around the pan and the vegetables but doesn't give a strong, sweet acid of the garlic. After this, add your peas. I used frozen garden peas and I think these should be the only peas used. I added them from frozen to the wok and they cooked from frozen but still kept their crunch.
When everything was cooking, I simmered the noodles in a saucepan. I used 'Sharwoods Egg Noodles' which are perfect. I added the amount of noodles I thought was the equivalent of the vegetables. Once the noodles are cooked, this takes around 15 minutes, I added them into the oily wok, with the vegetables. I added a Chinese seasoning to the Noodles to give that takeaway taste, if you want to see what one click here and it'll take you to the Tesco website. I really like using this seasoning because it blends into the oils and doesn't leave a powdery texture in the noodles.
Cook for around 5 minutes and you're done! Cook some rice on the side if you wish or add some Soy Sauce!
Enjoy!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...