Monday 3 June 2013

How I'd Style.. A Basic Pair Of Denim Shorts!

Untitled #548

NEW LOOK LIGHT BLUE SUPERSOFT HIGH WAISTED DENIM SHORTS £14.99
TOPSHOP DITZY FLORAL BUTTON BRALET £28
TOPSHOP PEACE SPIKE FEATHER EARRINGS £16.50
NEW LOOK CORK NUDE PLATFORMED SANDALS £25


Hello there girls, hope you've all had a good day, considering it's Monday!
Today I'm styling a simple, basic pair of denim shorts. Denim shorts are a staple in every girls wardrobe I would have thought - especially for me anyway!
I love denim shorts. I always have a few pairs of floral, coloured, aztec, high waisted, acid wash or basic denim ones in my wardrobe just because I can throw them on and accessorize. I feel like they're casual and good for walks, festivals, shopping - they're 100% great for summer. 

I also don't mind wearing them. I'm never really 'body conscious'. I'll never wear a crop top, bralet or hotpants but I feel like denim shorts are good to get away with in the summer months and they're a good change from the leggings!
This month many of you will be attending festivals I should think so I beared that in mind when styling these shorts. I think festivals are a brilliant way to wear shorts because there's no messing around and as I said before - they're casual.

I love these denim shorts from New Look because New Look always do a brilliant range of shorts every year - last year I saw the loveliest pair of aztec style ones but never managed to get them and every year they do some really nice high waisted ones with the brightest colours so this year I might purchase a few pairs! New Look shorts are also really inexpensive too and work for most body types. I really like Primark shorts aswell because last years patterned ones worked well on me seeing as I have a 'fuller' shape and I'm short. That's one thing I struggle with and one reason why you'll never see jeans in my wardrobe!

Moving on to the upper section of the outfit - the top - I really love this bralet from Topshop and I knew to go on their website straight away when I was searching for one because I knew they'd have a range of styles. I chose this one because of the floral design. I absolutely love florals in summer, with shorts and I think this bralet suited the floral pattern wonderfully! Because the shorts are acid wash (meaning they're lighter) I wanted to keep the outfit quite girly so I think a pretty style top suits well. 

I'm in love with the shoes, again, from New Look. I love the look of platform cork heels in the summer and I think these type shoes always go perfectly with this outfit. I really need to get my wardrobe summer ready and include these things but I never find the time!
I thought nude suited the acid wash and the florals quite well so I went with these shoes as first choice. 

For cosmetics and accessories I think you can wither play it down and use the top to be 'out there' or you can dress up and really accessorize with jewelerry but maybe keep the cosmetics on the minimal side. I wasn't tooooo sure what you girls would like so I decided to feature only one item for accessories which were these gorgeous Topshop earrings. I mentioned 'aztec' styles earlier and I think these earrings would go well with an aztec outfit. But, for this outfit they go really well too because I think they'd suit the festival theme and the colours of the earrings go well with the florals, too.

To match the shorts, I chose this Butter London nail polish..
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did, I really enjoyed styling it!
Remember to leave any comments below as to which items you'd like me to style and I'll add it to my list!

Lots of love,
Zofia x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...