Sunday 9 June 2013

NOTW | Maybelline Color Show | First Impressions


Hiya everyone!
I have a NOTW post today but with a slight twist. I normally say what I'm wearing and etc but tonights NOTW is a full first impression of the new nail polish range 'Color Show'.

These caught my eye ever since the advert aired in the UK and I really wanted them from the off! I decided to pick one up because hey, they're hardly pricey..
In Asda last week they had them at £2 which is great, 99p off! I had a look at the colour range online already, before my shop and I noted down many, many colours that I liked. I really like Go Go Green and I think that's a polish I'll definately be picking up. 
When I got to the Maybelline stand they didn't have many colours left but this one caught my eye so away I went - I didn't even notice any other colours on the shelf! 

I picked this up because I don't have a colour quite like this. It's a baby blue shade - quite pastel? I think it'll work in the spring/summer, with or without glitters and you can add things to it. I added some REALLY sparse glitter to mine with some polka dots! I think my nails this week look really cute and summery! 

My first impressions of the Color Show range are good. Like I said, the advert caught my eye straightaway and I knew I wanted to try these polishes. The colour range instantly attracted me to the brand because they have so many and they look like colours that 'pop'.. many colours are bright and I prefer brights to darks! 
The price also attracted me to these polishes because I saw the advert and because Maybelline is always around the £7 mark, I thought these polishes would be too, but I checked the price and was very surprised! £2.99 for a nail polish is fab! It's Barry M price and if you're like me - it's a good way to build up your nail polish collection!

Now for the application..
I like these polishes. I do like them and I had good results. I only needed one coat and the colour applied very opaque. By the time I completed my second hand I did notice the polish going quite...gloopy? But I think this is just me and I don't think this would happen to anyone else and I think I know what caused it - if you've experienced this, comment below! 

I absolutely love these polishes though and I'm 100% going to purchase more. Go go green is my next one. The only thing I would recommend with these polishes is to wait a while before you do a second coat, if you need one. I find that you could mess everythign up completely if you attempt to rush painting them - just because the polish is quite thick and takes a while to dry!

All in all, I love them.

I hope you've had a good weekend,
tell me what you think of these polishes, too!
Love you all!
Zofia xoxo




4 comments:

  1. Hi Zofia :) was just about to follow you when my silly Internet connection died & when it finally sorted itself out I saw your comment on my blog :) ooh errr... spooky :) thank you for following me sweetie, you have a amazing blog, I love the header! love Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Jade, stupid internet connections ay ahaha!
    How spooky! It's no problem at all, I love your blog:-)

    thankyou,
    love Zofia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these nail polishes! my favourite colour is 'coral craze' (i think thats what its called)x
    http://claire-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the shade I was going to purchase, too!
    I need a peachy shade and it's so pretty!

    Followed you via bloglovin xo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...