Sunday 30 June 2013

More Than Beauty | London 29 June


Hello everyone!
Today I'm doing a different post, I've decided to plan some lifestyle posts and here's the first one! I went to London yesterday and I always take pictures for my everyday picture taking but I decided to take some extra special ones for you beauties!
But, before we start, can I ask a huuuuugggeeeee favour and ask for you all to follow me on bloglovin' - remember to click the 'Little Miss Prada xo' link - the second one. It would mean a lot and would help, considering the Google follower application ends tomorrow which isn't a good help but if you enjoy my posts/blog etc then I would really appreciate it - thanks! 



Okay, so first, we went to Borough Market, which is in Borough, Southwark -  (right near the tube, too!)
I've only been to Borough market twice, this time and the last time I went to London, in April. There were different things there this time, than there was last time and I think I enjoyed it this time a lot more because there were so many fruits and vegetables! The pictures above look so summery and bright and fresh, don't they?! I just want to chop them all up and sit on a beach somewhere haha!

I really like Borough Market and if you're interested in food and cooking, I suggest you go! I don't think I'd buy things because London prices are a bit on the silly side but I love looking round and drooling at the fruits!




Next, we stopped off at Canary Wharf to get the DLR to Greenwich. While we stopped at Canary Wharf, I snapped a few pictures of the office blocks, which, by the way, do NOT look as good in the day as they do at night which is a major meh moment, but hey, London is beautiful 24/7!
Also, at Canary Wharf, we looked round the shopping center which I never knew existed - it's really big and they have a Space NK and Nails Inc and Bobbi Brown so take a visit! I had my first Krispy Kreme doughnut there - how nice?! I seriously neeeeeed more of them and I'm considering the 'dozen collection' LOL. I had the cookie topped one, by the way...



Then, we went to Greenwich! We got off at the Cutty Sark tube station, because we wanted to see the 'Cutty Sark' ship and I wanted to get a few pictures. It's as big as I thought and seemed to be a good tourist destination so maybe, if you're looking to fill your London trip, you could visit here! After my picture taking, we went under a tunnel - UNDER the thames - and ended up at 'Island Gardens'. Island Gardens is ever so pretty, with good views and I'd never been there before. I ate my doughnut in the Island Gardens park and enjoyed the views! ..I also painted my nails and took a picture of a few pooches, while I sat there, to..
After we went to Stratford - I picked up some things - I'll haul them!



So, here's an awkward picture of an OOTD and me scoffing a doughnut, woo!


Then, we popped off to Tower Bridge. We always visit Tower Bridge because it's always lovely in the summer and I can get a few pictures - this time, we went on a Boat! 
The boat trip was really good, £9 adults, £4.50 for children. I really enjoyed it and the boat guide named out all the bridges we passed and all the landmarks we passed on the way. We saw the London Eye, Cleopatra's needle, OXO tower, London Bridge and more! i think it was well worth the money and the first time I'd been on a boat. The boat was spacious, friendly and I think if you're a boat sick type of person, you'd still enjoy it because I couldn't really feel us 'bobbing up and down' and I'm the type of person to get travel sick! 
There was some sort of event happening where Tower Bridge was - I have no idea what it was but children were participating in archery and things like that! Typical summer!


Next, Embankment!
We walked over the Westminster bridge (I've done a tour, but what's the exact name?!) and then walked along the Embankment. I always do that, every London trip, so yesterday was no exeption! Every summer, June - September, there's a few rides and things going along on the Embankment and that's really nice when the sun's shining and I obviously got a few pictures! The London Dungeon ques were HUGE - I hope you weren't in the que waiting!
Along the way, I got a Flake Mcflurry which was needed - the weather was boiling!
On the Embankment there was a man picking people to do these pose/freezeframe type things. I was really impressed and they look real. 



Next, we walked up the Mall! For anyone that doesn't know, the mall is a loooong road/path leading to the Queens house, Buckingham Palace! We walked up the Mall to go to Green Park and have a few snacks. I had a seeded panini filled with Quorn bacon, lettuce and tomatoes! I also saw a limo leaving the mall - did I miss Queenie?!
We also saw the soldiers change over, I managed to take some pictures of that, also.
While I walked through Green Park, I felt the weather get so warmer and it was already warm but woah I managed to tan even easier while not noticing!


I really love Hyde Park. I've only recently started to go to Hyde Park and have been on a 'Boris Bike' 3 times now! Yesterday, we went on the Boris bikes and went round the serpentine around 4 times which took 1 hour. I love using the bikes and having a moan about the people that don't stay on the right path, LOL.
Hyde Park seems like a brill place to have a picnic and enjoy a day out. Unfortunately, I've only been on a bike round Hyde Park and not been able to take a seat on the park area, but next time, I will!


After Hyde Park we walked through Belgravia. I've never been through Belgravia before, considering there's nothing there, but I needed a drink and there was a convenience store so I popped in and picked up some Pink lemonade!
On the way through Belgravia, I saw the most beautiful houses and this gorgeous car! So posh, darlings!;-)
I also passed a Louboutin store which I nearly died of exitement from - I could have passed out on the street! Obviously, I don't own any 'Loubs' but, I'm a fan of all the styles and they're a girls ultimate dream, arn't they? ..so I had to take a picture and wish for a winning Lotto ticket!


We then went to Covent Garden and I had some crisps and watched the world go by. I didn't manage to take any pictures but I suggest visiting Covent Garden, I love it!
After Covent Garden, I went to Oxford Street - No pictures but there will be a haul soon enough. I picked up mostly beauty bits and something from Stratford which was a top. 
After Oxford Street I went to Leicester Square, Piccadilly, Chinatown and places around there. It was around 8/9pm now and so there wasn't many places we needed to visit but I still plodded along with sore feet!


Until around 1am I walked about and took a few more pictures. I saw Hayley Cropper from Corrie which, obvs, wasa highlight;-).
I then caught the last train home and got back at 2am - Mcdonalds in hand, ofcourse! 
I had a brilliant day and London is a big love for me. I can't wait to go back and do it alllll over again. I hope you enjoyed my lifestyle post and don't forget to follow via bloglovin because, if not, you'll never get to catch up with my latest posts because you'll all be unfollowed without bloglovin:-(

Sorry this post is late, it's taken me 4 hours to create with love and attention and a bit of Big Brother UK interrupting! But apart from that,
Thanks for reading,
Hope you had a good weekend!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...