Tuesday 12 March 2013

NOTW | Mirror Black


Hello everyone, hope you're all doing okay!
Another NOTW post for you today, I enjoy doing these and they've become a regular series on my blog. 

This weeks nails are very shimmery, black and 'party' like. They ARE a bit scuffed and scruffy and not done to my best ability, partly because this picture wasn't taken soon as I done them and I had to go to work straight after I done these so they got a little bit ruined and when I was applying them, I was in a bad rush - so apologies for that one!

The nail polish I used is Goldigga and as far as I know, I've never had any of their products before and they've never taken any interest to me. I got a set of three for Christmas and in the set included a pink & gold - plus this one. If I'm guessing right, I think these are from Savers. 

Soon as I saw this polish I loved it and the color was perfect. I don't have a big collection of blacks and I loved this black polish especially because of the gold shimmers. I do like black polish and it's such a basic color but I personally think the perfect one is hard to find. I like black polishes that don't leave a mess on the nails & skin and black polishes that apply really well and don't chip quick. If a black polish chips, it doesn't look overly bad but it'd not the best! I think black polishes are really classy and simplistic and obviously go with everything! The gold shimmer adds a hint of girlyness and party look to the black, block color.

I applied this and it looked perfect. I then painted each and every fingernail on my left hand while in a rush. While it was drying, I carried on with my makeup. After 10 minutes I checked to see if it was dry and they weren't.. they felt quite sticky and gloopy which I HATE in a nail polish. I then took it off and tried to reapply. By this time, I had to leave it on for work so I tried my best to dry it somehow. I used the hairdryer! They managed to dry and they look pretty nice so I decided to use Glamour magazine's Nails Inc polish for extra shimmer and a bit of clear gloss. It hasn't chipped very easy.

I like this polish and I love the color a lot. I had a bit of problem with the application but this was probably because I was in a rush. All in all, 6.5/10!



6 comments:

  1. Hi just letting you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for nominating me, it means a lot!
      I'll do a post on it sometime soon, nominating others..

      Thanks again.

      Zx

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've tagged you in a new beauty tag :)

    See it here:
    http://songofmysole.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-procrastinating-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me!
      I'll do the tag sometime soon, it looks like a good one!

      Zx

      Delete
  3. This is really cute I always love black and gold and this nail polish looks so cute. Thanks for the post ^^ I enjoy reading your posts tbh I was just a bit shy to comment lol but loving your style posts as well. I will try to find this nail polish ^^

    http://misaraisu.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...