Thursday 28 March 2013

Product Comparisons #1



 Hi everyone, today I'm comparing a few products for you all. I've already done this post but Blogger was being a wally and deleted EVERYTHING I had done..so round 2 it is! These products arn't the same brand or whatever but they should all do the same thing. I'll explain which ones I like/dislike and which ones I would repurchase and why. I hope this helps with future purchases etc - there will be #2 coming soon too! I hope you enjoy!


Flake Away VS Breakfast Scrub
Breakfast Scrub wins. I like it because it's for all over body, not just legs and it has a lovely smell. It uses natural ingredients and I've finally got to use it up and got to like it. It makes me silky smooth and mm! 
I do like flake away but haven't actually used it much.

Skinology Tea Tree Face Scrub VS Scrub Your Nose In It
The wilko one is £1 and the S&G is around £7.. I prefer Wilko. I prefer Wilko because it's smooth and 'gel' like and the grains are tiny. I love the smell because it's fresh and not overpowering. The S&G one is very clay like and thick and it's like a mask. It also made me break out and didn't help my oily skin. The grains are very thick and it's like toothpaste slightly because of the smell and thickness. I wouldn't repurchase.

Natural Collection Mascara VS Maybelline Colossal Cats Eye
None win because I like them both. They both do different things and you can use them at the same time. I like the packaging on both.. I like the plain tube of Natural Collection and I like the leopard effect of the Maybelline tube. They're both drugstore but range from £1 to £7/8. I like the curved brush of Maybelline and I like the basic brush of natural collection. The Maybelline one curls lashes and separates while the Natural Collection one is brilliant for bottom and inner corner lashes. 

Chit Chat Juicy Lipstick
Damson VS Autumn Leaf
Damson wins. 
They're both very different even though they're the same brand/item. Damson is very pigmented and you don't need to use a lot, it's a S/S color and it's very smooth and balmy. Autumn Leaf is very balmy and non pigmented and doesn't stain the lips. I like them both and they're both really cheap at the cost of £1 but I'm more of a powerful pinks girl.. so Damson wins!

Beautybase Eyeliner VS Models Own VS MUA
These are all so different. They're different because of the applicator. Mua is a thin, small applicator while Beautybase is long and creates a perfect wing *if you have a steady hand* so they both win.. I don't like the Models Own one because the applicator is very thick and creates a thick line.. which I don't like for my eye shape. I like the MUA and Beautybase ones because they don't smudge and they're good at neat application.. both £1.

MUA pressed powder VS Natural Collection loose powder
 Loose and pressed powders are totally different. Pressed powder, in my opinion, is best for dry skin or skin that needs amazing coverage. I find pressed powder to be overly cakey and quite hard to maintain on the face all day. Loose powder has become my new bestfriend because it's easy to blend, you don't go overboard, there are no mistakes made, you can keep covered all day and easily top up, you can get them inexpensively. The one I use is £1.99 from Natural Collection.


Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid VS Rimmel 25 Hour
 I like them both. I used the Maybelline one before the Rimmel one and it's a really good coverage. The shade was dark and amazing for summer but now I use the Rimmel one everyday. The Rimmel one is buildable and slightly, slightly medium coverage but I always build it up anyway. They both lasted me ages and I'd repurchase both again.. noone wins!



 I hope this post helped in some way or another and keep a look out for #2! 
All personal links are left below!









2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post! I definately want to try the breakfast scrub and the chit chat lipstick!
    new follower from beautylish :) would appreciate if u followed my blogtoo!
    jackie kitchdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thankyou! the chit chat lipsticks are amazing:)

    ofcourse I'll follow back:) x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...