Saturday 21 July 2012

So, on my blog im going to start showing things of Mums too. I always do her hair/makeup/nails so I thought, 'why not add it onto here?' I will also post some reviews of Mums too. 
So, yesterday, I done my Mums nails into a French Manicure type style. Mum really likes these because they're really classic and simple and they obviously go with anything, Mum's always really undecided with clothes and what to put on in the morning so this was a good idea haha!
I do my manicures probably different to other people, I will do a YouTube video on this once I get sorted and show you how I do mine. But, until then, I will do a step by step post on here, just to help out if you like this look or are inexperienced. Remember, I am NOT a pro, just someone who loves beauty and can show you techniques of how I do things.

  • First, decide on a lightish pink color you're going to use for the whole nail, if you dont have a proper one for French Manicures. 
  • Decide on a white nail polish.
  • Then, get a clear coat.
  • I just use a cheap one from the £1 store, works good enough!
  • Then, get an emery board and neaten the tips of the nail. This looks better if you do this because it smooths the edge of the nails, making the white tips professional. 
  • Then, apply the pink color all over the nail, just like you normally paint your nails. My routine is to start in the middle fanning the brush out, then the left, then the right, getting equal amounts on the finger. I try not to do it too thick, because I hate gloopy nail polish, so i apply a thinner layer, then do a second coat.
  • Do this repeatedly for all the fingers.
  • Then, wait to dry. 
  • When they dry, apply a second coat of the pink, if the first coat isnt thick enough, if it is, don't bother because you don't want it proper pink, you want it more pastel colored.
  • After these dry properly so they dont smude or ruin, apply the top coat.. this is the clear polish. Apply this equally and quick thick, this will make sure the pink doesnt chip and it is nice and shiny.. like a manicure!
  • Then, when thats dry, apply the white's.
  • You can do this with a stencil, so its really neat, BUT, this is where I do things differently. Its hard to explain how I do it without sounding unprofessional, but ill explain anyway.
  • So, i apply the white by slowly applying it to the tip of the nail.. i apply it like im painting the nail, but just on the tips. I have a really steady hand so it looks perfectly done. Its hard to explain, but I will do a youtube video.
  • Then, you're done. You can apply another clear coat if you wanted, but I suggest dont because it could smude the white into the pink.
Lots of love! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...