Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Week | Nail Designs



Hey everyone! Recently, I feel like I've been a bit sparse with my posts.. I haven't given up with Blogging at all! I've been blogging, but I've just been scheduling posts ready for the right times when they need to be up. I've also been doing a lot on Youtube (Christmas week) with uploads everyday, so I haven't had anything to blog on here, because they're mainly tutorials! I have loads of things to show you in the upcoming weeks too, including a Christmas & Birthday haul which I'm really excited about. I've also been doing Blogmas on here since December 1 so I didn't want to overdo the posts!

So instead of rambling, I have a post for you today! I hope you all like it and find it quite helpful! I put together a few nail designs and some that are really easy to do. I'm not very arty so I sometimes find it hard to do good nail designs, purely because I can't draw in real life! But using nail art pens it makes it a lot more easier, I really like using nail wheels to do lots of designs, it gives me more ideas on what to do for my own too! I'm also thinking about doing Nail Tutorials on Youtube once I get my tripod, then I can film one, because at the moment I have no idea on how I'd film it?! I hope you lot would want me to start doing them, if so I will!

I don't really know how to explain the designs and things so I'll just make a small list of what designs are what L-R and what nail paints I used!

Candy Cane 
For this one I just used LA colors white nail polish (Energy Source) which is such a good white color, sounds stupid but most white nail paints I've tried are very gloopy and don't dry for agessss! I really liked this as a base then I used nail art pens in red & green to draw lines, luckily they were straight! You could add glitter on the top if you wanted, I left mine plain!

Christmas Pudding
I wasn't sure whether to do this or not, I saw this image on Google and it looked quite complicated, but it was really easy! I painted the nail with Vivid Purple by Barry M, which I'm not overly keen on , but it's a nice winter shade. I then let that dry and with the nail art pen i draw a squiggly line from one corner, to the other. I then filled it in, let it dry and drew holly on the top! I also thought that drawing the Holly would be difficult but it wasnt.

Christmas Jumper
The Christmas Jumper is quite controversial! It is classed as 'tacky' by some people, but I think this year many people have one or two added to their wardrobe! Personally I think they're quite cute and add a cute touch to Christmas. I never got to buy one this year and last year I had some Christmas Leggings, which reminds me - I haven't worn them this year! *they might not fit.. oops!*. I think this was an easy design to do and I really like it, tonight I need to paint mine for Christmas and I think this is the design I will do. I painted the nail with Rimmel 60 second nail polish in Passion and let that dry. It's such a thick, matte, glossy red - I really like it but its nearly empty, so it's quite gloopy! I then let that dry and with white nail art pen I added designs on the top in triangle, lines and dots. I think this is one of the best designs I done, considering I'm not arty and neat, ha!

Christmas Lights
Christmas lights ARE a Christmas Essential! I think EVERY household needs them so why not have them on your nails too?! These were really easy, I painted my nails in Energy source and then added a black squiggly line on the top and did small shapes in color for the lights!

Santa Hat
I love this one! I didnt paint the nail for this one, I just used a red nail art pen and did a triangle shape, then I put a bobble on the top in white!

A Bow
This one is ok-ish, it's not the best but I suppose you lot could try it better! I painted my nail silver using an MUA shade, I don't know what it though.. then I used a tutorial online to do the bow, I'm sure you can find one online.. I'm not really great at explaining things and I cannot explain for the life of me how to do it!

A Snowman
I love this snowman/snowscene nail! I painted the whole nail with Kiko navy blue color, then i drew on a snowman figure with white nail art pens, then I decorated the blue paint with snow!

Presents
This is quite a bad one! Its really simple, draw square boxes in color and add white lines! I just don't think its as good as the others.

Snowflakes
These went a bit wrong, I can't draw snowflakes, but I tried!

Christmas tree
I like this one! I like it because it turned out right and I think its a simple nail but would really work well on the accent nail. It was simple to do and you lot should all get it really easy if you can draw Christmas trees!

Snow & A Ribbon
This is really cute, I think the big glitter particles are quite 'snow' like and decorative with the bow. Not my best design but it's quite pretty!

Holly
Simple! I'm sure holly is simple to do so I don't need to explain this one! 

Big snowflake
Failed snowflake.

Candy Cane
I love this one, I'm definitely going to use this tonight, when I do mine! I painted my nails with High-Line-Green by NYC which is a big fave of mine. I then did a white nail art oen in a candy cane shape and topped with red lines! Just make sure everything dries before you do the next step, or things may smudge!

Santa's belt
Santa is the main part of Christmas;-) so by adding a Santa belt to your nails adds a great part to Christmas! Paint your nails red, then do a bubble type shape for the belt and add a black rectangle on after, when dry.

Reindeer
This one is slightly difficult. I rushed mine and it ended up quite ok but it was a bit tricky! I did an oval shape going from the bottom of the nail to the middle. Then I added the ears or whatever they're called in the reindeer world;-) Use a brown color. Then I added eyes and a mouth!

Coca Cola Lorry
We all know the Coke lorry, so I used the logo on my nails! Paint red, then write 'Coca Cola' in white! My writing looks a bit dodgy here!

Cracker
This went really wrong. I think I slightly rushed this as it was the last nail I had to do. 

So I hope you liked my little guide of Christmassy designs and colors etc. I'm off to do mine now, this post took me 3 hours to do! I was making Christmas cake while trying to attempt this post! So at 19:10 I can finally go and paint mine! Tomorrow I'll do a NOTW post showing you mine! I also need to post my Blogmas up soon too! 

Feel free to show me your designs and photo's of yours, I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment your opinions/thoughts! I respond/read all of them!
Thanks for taking the time to read the post and make a comment, it means a lot!
Zofia xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...